QERC's Semester Program Admissions
While at QERC, you’ll engage in an academic environment shaped by a commitment to environmental stewardship grounded in faith. You’ll be part of a group of students with diverse interests and personalities but with a common goal of learning together.
Competition for acceptance into QERC’s semester program is strong. We accept only a small group into the semester program. While academic merit is an important factor in determining acceptance, we use a holistic approach to decide whether you’ll be a good fit for QERC.
You may be the person we’re looking for in our next semester program, so we encourage you to apply, even if you’re unsure of your qualifications.
We are taking early applications for our 2019 spring semester until May 5, 2018. Expect to hear back within the summer regarding the status of your application.
If you’re ready to take the next steps to begin your own QERC journey, gather the following materials, and apply by following the links below.
- Your passport (If you don’t yet have a passport, just write that in on your application),
- PDF files of your unofficial university transcripts,
- Email addresses, names, and phone numbers for both a faculty and non-faculty reference, and
- Answers to the following essay questions (1300 character -not word- maximum):
- Please describe your experience in speaking / learning Spanish.
- Please describe your research interests.
- What are your primary motivations for wanting to attend the QERC semester program?
- What strengths and weaknesses do you bring in context to both cross-cultural experiences and small community living?
- Briefly explain any cross-cultural experience you have had while in high school and/or college. What challenges did you experience and how did you overcome them?
SNU and PLNU Student Application
Students from Southern Nazarene University, Olivet Nazarene University and Point Loma Nazarene University should apply here. These universities are part of the QERC Consortium, an agreement between the respective universities and QERC for research purposes. Student’s applications from these schools are considered equally.